Our Uses and Disclosures
How do we typically use or share your health information? We typically use or share your health information in the following ways.
Help manage the health care treatment you receive
- We can use your health information and share it with professionals who are treating you.
Example: A doctor calls Compass to see if you are eligible for a benefit
Run our organization
- We can use and disclose your information to run our organization and contact you when necessary.
- We are not allowed to use genetic information to decide whether we will give you coverage and the price of that coverage.
Example: We use information about you to develop better services for you and your benefit program.
Pay for your health services
- We can use and disclose your health information as we pay for your health services.
Example: We share information about you with your provider to coordinate payment for your healthcare.
Administer your plan
- We may disclose your health information to your health plan sponsor for plan administration
Example: Your company contracts with us to administer your benefit program, and we provide your company with certain information to explain the cost of the program.